The District currently has many solutions deployed for file storage ranging from on-site network drives to cloud hosted (Google "my" and "share" drives). Each has Pros/Cons. We will focus here on storage that physically exists somewhere other than the actual device.Delete
Staff Drives -
Currently district supports following network staff drives (commonly used on Windows systems):
- P Drive:
- Limited to 600 MB for most staff some exceptions have granted up to 1.5GB
- Consider moving to using Google Drive for more flexibility
- If related to work position consider requesting a Google Share Drive for ease of sharing with others.
- Staff Share:
- Central sharing point for many district documents for departments.
- Working to migrate to Google Share Drive where appropriate.
Currently district supports following network student drives (commonly used on Windows systems):
- P Drive:
- Limited to 400 MB for students.
- Students strongly encouraged to use Google Drive
- Purged 1 year after graduation year.
- Class of 2015 data deleted following summer of 2016
- Student Share:
- Central sharing point for staff to provide content to students.
- Possible use of Google Shared Drives is being looked into.
It is strongly encouraged to utilize Google Drive for storing data.
Review Google Drive article for more information.Delete
Notes on when iCloud storage may be available and applicable.Delete