Lightspeed Relay is the district's web content filter. Sometimes the Relay software unintentionally prevents web sites or apps from loading. This happens when Relay fails to update or is interrupted mid-update and as a result all network connections are blocked.
Fix Relay on iPad
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to cancel the app update. Afterward restart the iPad and the network connection will start working again.
1. Find the light blue app named RelaySmartAgent. If the icon is grayed out or says "Waiting..." underneath there's a problem.
2. Tap and hold (long tap) on the icon. A new menu will pop up. There will be one of two options.
- Cancel Download
- Prioritize Download
Cancel the download if that option is available.
If only Prioritize Download is an option, select it. Afterward tap and hold (long tap) again, and Cancel Download will show up. Cancel the download.
3. Tap on the Relay app to open it. Check to see that the app is registered to Shakopee Public Schools and the expected firstname.lastname@example.org is displayed.
Note: If a username (e.g. email@example.com) other than your own is displayed please open a help desk ticket. It's possible your iPad's web traffic will be logged as belonging to another person.
4. Restart the iPad. Afterward try to browse to a few web sites to check the network connection.
Fix Relay on MacBook
Symptoms of an issue are generally slow speeds or inability to get to sites that would normally be accessible. A restart of the device is recommended prior to and after trying these steps.
What's important is your experience when using the computer.
- Is the connection fast and work reliably? Does video conferencing work?
- Is it choppy or difficult to see others in the meeting?
- Does streaming video work?
If you're having trouble with any of these follow the steps below to reinstall the Relay agent.
1. Open Self Service and log in as yourself.
2. Find Relay Smart Agent by searching for "relay". Click Install. The agent and associated files will be uninstalled, and then reinstalled.
3. Restart the Mac. Once booted up log in again. Try a few test sites to verify Relay is working.