What is Freeform?
Freeform is a collaborative whiteboarding app that works on iPads (16.2 or higher) and MacBooks (13.1 Ventura). You can add images, text, sticky notes, shapes, icons, and even documents to a board and then share it and collaborate live with anyone. Freeform could be used by students to work together in brainstorming on a topic, solve a math problem, create a storyboard for a video project, or share key documents for a large project. When completed, Freeform boards can be shared with a link or exported as a PDF.
Why use it?
Freeform is an easy to use app that allows for easy real-time collaboration between students and teachers. It also supports creativity with the shapes and icons you can add in addition to the drawing tools.
How do I use it?
You must be updated to iPadOS 16.2 or MacBook Ventura 13.1. Freeform is then installed on your device by default.
- Ensure that your iPad is updated to 16.2 or MacBook is updated to Ventura (13.1).
- Sign into iCloud with your school-issued Apple ID (K12 email address for staff, @shakopeeschools.org email for students).
- Open the app and start drawing, typing, creating!
- If you want to share, tap on the share button in the upper right. Click on "Copy Link" and send it via email to collaborate.
- Freeform for iPad: A Complete Guide (YouTube Playlist)
- Freeform News Release