What is Explain Everything?
Explain Everything is an interactive whiteboard app that you can use to create and record digital presentations. As the name suggests, you and your students can use it to explain a concept and export it as a video. In addition, Explain Everything will open many different file types so you can use files such as images, PDFs, and PowerPoints.
Why is it a great tool?
Explain Everything is a great tool because it let's you share your thinking with students as you create tutorials and helpful videos. It also allows you to hear and see the thinking of your students when they record videos. It is very versatile and can be used for presenting in front of your class, recording flipped lesson videos, and for student creation.
How do I use Explain Everything?
1. Download Explain Everything from Self Service. Note that we have the "Classic" edition of Explain Everything, which means that the collaboration features in Explain Everything are not available.
2. Click + New Project to get started. You cannot use the Join code using our version of Explain Everything.
3. Select either a blank project or use custom templates.
4. Below is an overview of all the tools you can use when editing your project.
5. When you are done with recording your project, click the share button. You will likely want to export as a project if you want students to use it as a template or a video if you want to make a tutorial video out of your video.